- Dates For Your Diary
- Don't Forget...
- From the Principal
- Pie Drive Fundraiser
- ICAS Assessments
- Kindergarten 2023
- Canteen and Uniform Shop
- Sport News
- RE News
- Class Spotlight... 1B!
- Above and Beyond Awards Week 4
- Year 6 Camp!
- 3/4A Assembly - 'Resilience'
- 5/6J Assembly - 'Excellence'
- From the Student and Family Counsellor
- SPPFC Soccer News
- Thank you!
- Community Notice Board
Week 5 - Monday 23 - Friday 27 May - FAMILY WEEK
Friday - Protected Industrial Action - LIMITED STUDENT SUPERVISION
- Monaro Rugby Day CANCELLED
- 3/4C Assembly 'Compassion', 2.20pm - POSTPONED
Week 6 - Monday 30 May - Friday 3 June
- 'My Body/My Life', Yr 5/6 12.30-1.40pm
- Kinder Readiness Program, 2:10-3:10pm, iPads & Computer Skills
- Athletics Carnival, Hudson Park
Week 7 - Monday 6 - Friday 10 June
- Pentecost Liturgy
- NSWCPS Cross Country, Eastern Creek
Friday - PUPIL FREE DAY
Queen's Birthday Long Weekend
Student's return to school Tuesday 14 June
Week 8 - Monday 13 - Friday 17 June
- Kinder Readiness Program, 2:10-3:10pm, Craft
- NR Athletics, Goulburn
Week 9 - Monday 20 - Friday 24 June
- Stage 2 Mass
- Stage 1, Wizard of Oz, 11.00am at the GPAC
- 5/6M Assembly 'Compassion', 2.20pm
- Pyjama Party Disco, 6-7.30pm in the Hall
Week 10 - Monday 27 June - Friday 1 July
- Kindergarten Liturgy
Friday - LAST DAY TERM 2
- Ss Peter and Pauls Feast Day
A reminder that students should not bring toys and personal or valuable items to school in case of loss or damage.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY NAME SIGN WHEN PICKING UP FROM CAR LINE
CAR LINE PARKING RULES
A reminder to all families of the parking rules at car line. Remember, when you are lined up on the road at pick up time you are only permitted to be stopped for 2 minutes. If the line is not moving, advice from NSW Police is that parents and carers should drive around the block until they are able to enter the school grounds.
Please also remember that student supervision at car line is until 3:45pm, so arriving around or after 3:30 will help to ease the congestion at this time. It is not essential that you are at car line before 3:20pm (school finish time).
Please also remember to leave neighbours driveways clear when waiting to pick your child up at the end of the day, especially if you are waiting behind the bus stop area.
EARLY PICK UP INFORMATION
I hope Year 6 enjoyed their camp this year. Special thanks to Miss Atkinson & Mr Moss who gave of their own time to attend the camp.
COMMUNITY COUNCIL UPDATE
The council met for Term 2 on the 12th May. We met in person and it was great to have some new faces wanting to join the council. Lots of the meeting was spent explaining how the council works and the areas of school which are its responsibility. The council’s role is to run the Canteen, Uniform shop and support the P&F with fundraising. The council has its own bank account and uses the money for improvements in the school. In 2021 & 2022, with help from fundraising, the council money has been used to upgrade the hall’s sound system. We are sourcing a new projector for the hall. The council are now looking at upgrading the shade cloth over the junior equipment and building a new structure over the senior’s equipment. We are looking at sourcing some funding through grants to help with these costs. The council also supports the school Soccer Club. The P&F give a report about their activities, this term including organising the pie drive & another out-of-hours school disco.
Other areas discussed at the meeting are school finances, and council noted that prompt payment of school fees is important to keep the school running. Enrolments for 2023 were discussed & we still have plenty of spaces for Kinder in 2023. The council talks about maintenance and continued discussions about a future building programme to upgrade the main building and Chapel/Music room.
The principal also gives a short update to Council & an area highlighted was the shortage of teachers & the fact that we are short staffed but have had no success in recruiting. Staff shortages are a problem for most schools at present and COVID has not helped.
Thank you to Council members for being willing to give up some time to help the school.
We have started booking the interviews for our Kindergarten students in 2023! If you haven't booked your interview as yet please contact Tracey Kain on 02 4821 3304.
If you or someone you know of wishes to enrol a child in Kindergarten for 2023 please do so online as soon as possible, as our places are filling fast!
Even if your child has siblings attending the school please also complete an online enrolment as soon as possible.
Please call the office if you have any questions about enrolments or interviews.
Due to stock shortages and delivery issues we expect some menu items to be substituted or changed on Qkr at short notice.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
As the days get colder, please ensure your children have the correct winter uniform to wear. This includes the school jumper, jacket, beanie and scarf, and remember black tights for the girls.
There are good quality pre-loved items at huge discounts available directly from the Uniform shop to cater for all budgets.
- New uniform purchases can be ordered on Qkr. The order will be filled on Tuesdays and sent home with your child.
- If you are wanting to purchase some 2nd hand uniforms please visit the uniform shop during the opening hours.
- Students must wear Summer Uniform in Terms 1 & 4 and Winter Uniform in Terms 2 & 3.
Please remember that the Monaro Rugby Day scheduled for tomorrow has been CANCELLED.
Canberra and Goulburn Archdiocese Individual Sport Trials for 2022
Individual Sport trials for Canberra and Goulburn Archdiocesan teams are open to suitable Year 5 & 6 students.
Registration via the CSNSW Website www.csnsw.sport MUST be completed for your child to be considered to trial for an Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn Representative team. The online registration additionally provides your permission and replaces the old Medical Forms. The trial payment levy is to be made at the time of registration. No online nomination and no payment means no trial.
If you have NOT previously had an account you will be required to set one up to be enabled to register your child for both Canberra Goulburn AND NSWCCC/CPS sporting events and trials.
1. Type in the website address www.csnsw.sport
2. Click on Register which is located in the blue box on the top right-hand side of the page
3. Click on Setup Parent Account
4. Complete all of the fields and click on Create Account. You will receive a confirmation email.
Girls Rugby 7's
Straight to MacKillop Trials - 9th August
Please keep our Year 4 students preparing to make their First Holy Communion in your thoughts and prayers.
In last week's Mass, we examined the gospel story of Jesus telling the disciples that he is going to be with God in heaven. But Jesus doesn’t want them to worry, and he tells them that he won’t just abandon them. He tells them that he will send the Holy Spirit to help them and to remind them of all the things He had taught.
Some helpful discussion questions for children:
- When you don’t know how to do something, who do you ask for help?
- Who do you think the disciples asked for help if they wanted to know more about God?
- How do you think they felt when they heard that Jesus was going to die?
During this Easter season, leading up to Pentecost, we hope that the Holy Spirit will renew our faith, as it did the disciples. And that we should continue to reveal the light of God's endless love.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults):
The RCIA is an opportunity to learn more about the Catholic Faith. The program is open to all and is particularly designed for those interested in exploring the idea of becoming a Catholic or receiving the Sacraments for the first time. The sessions will begin in August. If you are interested, please contact Fr Joshy (0412 358 222) - email@example.com before 14th July 2022.
Congratulations and Well Done!
Hi, my name is Mark Holberton and I am pleased to be working with the students, staff and families at Ss Peter and Paul’s. I am here to provide therapeutic counselling to students and families and to work alongside school staff regarding student welfare and classroom issues.
When will I be at the school: I will be at the school every Monday
Round two last Saturday and it was another great day of soccer!
- SPP Under 6s Vs MBK White 10:40am Cookbundoon Field A2
- SPP Under 7 Blue Vs Marulan White 11:30am Cookbundoon Field A1
- SPP Under 7 Maroon Vs Wollondilly 10:40am Cookbundoon Field A1
- SPP Under 7 Pink (Girls) vs Stags Aqua 9am Cookbundoon Field A2
- SPP Under 7 Purple (Girls) Vs Stags Pink 9am Cookbundoon Field A3
- SPP Under 7 Kindy Legends (Girls) Vs Stags Purple Cookbundoon Field A4
- SPP Under 8 Vs Wollondilly Green 10am Cookbundoon Field 9C
- SPP Under 9 Vs Marulan Green 12pm Cookbundoon Field 9A
- SPP Under 9 Girls (Matildas) Vs Wollondilly 9am Cookbundoon Field 9A
- SPP Under 10s Vs Stags Sky 11am Cookbundoon Field 7
- SPP 11 Girls (Matildas) Vs Stags Blue 10am Cookbundoon Field 6
- 13s Vs Stags Black 9am Field 3
Below are some of our players of the week! Remember to post your team/supporter and player of the week photos to the Facebook group!
Expressions of interest are being taken for a new after school music program. A great option for your primary aged students to get them making music. The classes will cover a range of instruments in an engaging and educational way. The After School Music Classes will be just $50 per term.
Contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
ON SATURDAY 28th MAY 2022, we are hosting our annual major fundraiser:
“65 ROSES” CHARITY DINNER at the GOULBURN WORKERS CLUB.
Our organisation would be extremely grateful to have people from your school attend our wonderful evening.
If you would like any further information about Cystic Fibrosis, please do not hesitate to contact Sylvana Aliffi on 0447 655 194.